[tomoyo-users-en 615] installing Tomoyo
b***@bernardhulsman.nl
2015-04-06 09:05:09 UTC
I would like to install Tomoyo-Linux.

I have read http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/2.5/index.html.en and

http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/2.5/chapter-3.html.en

I downloaded and installed Tomoyo-tools 2.5.0 using the Ubunto software
centre.

On http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/2.5/chapter-3.html.en the instruction
was given to
execute Statement : grep tomoyo_write_inet_network /proc/kallsyms
results to : 0000000000000000 T tomoyo_write_inet_network

On http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/2.5/chapter-3.html.en#3.3
I followed the instruction to add on ~./bashr
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin

Until so far Ok.
But see the next statements :

***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$ grep tomoyo_write_inet_network
/proc/kallsyms
0000000000000000 T tomoyo_write_inet_network
***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$ /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy
Creating policy directory... failed.
***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$ init_policy
init_policy: command not found
***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$ ls
audit-exec-param convert-exec-param tomoyo-editpolicy-agent
convert-audit-log init_policy
***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$

Could you help me what I did wrong here?

Thanks

Bernard
b***@bernardhulsman.nl
2015-04-06 11:47:42 UTC
Thanks Tetsuo Handa,

I executed :

***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$ sudo init_policy
[sudo] password for hulsman:
sudo: init_policy: command not found
***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$ ls
audit-exec-param convert-exec-param tomoyo-editpolicy-agent
convert-audit-log init_policy
***@vbox11:/usr/lib/tomoyo$

so still no result.

With regards,

Bernard
Hello.
Post by b***@bernardhulsman.nl
/proc/kallsyms
0000000000000000 T tomoyo_write_inet_network
Creating policy directory... failed.
init_policy: command not found
audit-exec-param convert-exec-param tomoyo-editpolicy-agent
convert-audit-log init_policy
Could you help me what I did wrong here?
Please run /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy as root user, for it
creates directories and files under /etc/ directory.
The # prompt in documentation means "need to run as root user"
whereas the $ prompt means "not required to run as root user".
Regards.
b***@bernardhulsman.nl
2015-04-06 12:04:58 UTC
Tetsuo Handa thanks.

that worked for me. I will continue with installing Tomoyo.
Looks promissing.

with regards,

Bernard
Post by b***@bernardhulsman.nl
Thanks Tetsuo Handa,
sudo: init_policy: command not found
Please try "sudo /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy" than "sudo init_policy".
/usr/lib/tomoyo is not included in $PATH environment variable, and
people don't include "." in $PATH environment variable.
Post by b***@bernardhulsman.nl
audit-exec-param convert-exec-param tomoyo-editpolicy-agent
convert-audit-log init_policy
so still no result.
With regards,
Bernard