[tomoyo-users-en 580] tomoyo-tools 2.5.X with ubuntu precise 12.04 (kernel 3.2.x)
Ryan Seu
2014-03-14 23:31:42 UTC
Hi folks,

I'm just starting to test out tomoyo kernel and ran into some issue early
on. My test machine is running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with 3.2.x kernel. After
checking to see if tomoyo is built into the kernel I installed the
tomoyo-tools (2.4.x) and ran tomoyo-editpolicy I get the following error:

Please mount securityfs on /sys/kernel/security/ .
You can't use this editor for this kernel.

Looking at the doc it seems to say that kernel 3.2.x and later needs to use
tomoyo-tools 2.5.x. Since the default ubuntu package source for precise
doesn't have 2.5.x I just downloaded the debian package for the 2.5.x from
raring archive (along with libtomoyotools3).

I'm still getting the same error. I have a feeling someone else may have
ran into this issue as well here so any insight would be helpful.

Thanks
rseu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Hello.
Post by Ryan Seu
Please mount securityfs on /sys/kernel/security/ .
You can't use this editor for this kernel.
This message is printed when you tried to edit on-memory configuration but
on-memory configuration is not available. One likely cause is that you didn't
enable TOMOYO security module by appending security=tomoyo kernel command line
argument. The other likely cause is that you tried to edit on-disk
configuration but you forgot to specify /etc/tomoyo/ when starting
tomoyo-editpolicy .

Please be sure to run /usr/lib/tomoyo/init_policy before rebooting with
security=tomoyo kernel command line argument.

Regards.