[tomoyo-users-en 431] TOMOYO Linux doumentation as .epub from Jan Kechel
Toshiharu Harada
2011-12-24 02:40:25 UTC

Jan Kechel created an epub version of TOMOYO ver 2.5 documentation and
kindly publish it to the world. But a lazy administrator of the list
(me) didn't notice
the message until this morning.

I apologized to Jan and viewed his work with FireFox and EPUBreader extension.
http://www.epubread.com/en/ (Many other choices available)
It works fine and quite useful. Please try yourself.

Wishing you all the very merry Christmas and promising you to work
a bit harder. :-)

PS
Jan is not on the list, so please cc him when you reply.

Best regards,
Toshiharu
From: Jan Kechel <jan at kechel.de>
To: tomoyo-users-en at lists.sourceforge.jp
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 21:56:56 +0100
Subject: TOMOYO Linux-Documentation as .epub Ebook-Format ?
Hi everybody,
i just love .epub format .. so I can read books / documentation on my
phone wherever/whenever I'm bored otherwise ;)
I made a copy of your 2.5 Documentation-Website, concateneted each
html-file into one and deleted all the duplicate headers/footers between
the id="content" divs. After that simply converted it via calibre and
http://prevalent-digest.de/downloads/TOMOYO-Linux-2.5.x_The-Official-Guide.epub
It's just great to have it in this format and all I wanted to do is to
share this little epub back to you ;)
best regards,
jan
PS: maybe you can automatically create epubs for future
documentation-versions?
PPS: i'm not on the mailinglist, so please cc me in replies
Jamie Nguyen
2011-12-25 00:15:54 UTC
Post by Toshiharu Harada
[...]
Looks great and thanks very much for sharing. I haven't ever used EPUB
format, but I noticed everything is center aligned. Is that usual for
EPUB files? I though left aligned might be easier to read some of the
sections, though that's just personal preference.
Post by Toshiharu Harada
PS: maybe you can automatically create epubs for future
documentation-versions?
I know many sites offer a "printable version", "PDF version", "EPUB
version" etc. of their articles or documentation. I thought about
offering such a thing before on the TOMOYO website, but hadn't got
around to it yet (nor had there been any user request that I know of).
Perhaps now that you mention it, I will look into this and see what we
can do ;-)

Very Merry Christmas,
Jamie