[tomoyo-users-en 574] New(bie) Tomoyo User on Mageia 4
Claus Reheis
2014-03-13 00:27:02 UTC
Hello Tomoyo Users List,

After switching from Fedora to Mageia I encountered "Tomoyo Linux"
described as a security feature of Mageia and because I have never heard
about it before I was curious about it.
I heard about SELinux and Apparmor, but never about Tomoyo... So I
investigated on the Internet and found interesting videos&instructions
on Youtube and the Tomoyo Linux homepage.
Been encouraged by the video instructions I thought I will play around
with Tomoyo and set up a cage around "Skype" and "Adobe Flash Player"
which I distrust...
So I installed the available tomoyo packages on Mageia:

tomoyo-tools-2.5.0-4.mga4
lib64tomoyotools3-2.5.0-4.mga4

and started to set it up following the instructions on the video:

kickstart tomoyo on opensuse 12.1

I managed to make the initial start of tomoyo via:

/usr/sbin/tomoyo-editpolicy /etc/tomoyo/

and I managed to put the kernel in "learning mode" and when I call up:

/usr/sbin/tomoyo-editpolicy

I have at the moment 621 domains in the editor recognized in "learning
mode"!
When I start Skype, the domain shows up and after using Skype with all
functions I need I can put it in "permissive mode" or "enforcing mode"
with all the effects expected.
When I leave the editor with the "q" key, reboot the system and
start /usr/sbin/tomoyo-editpolicy, all changes I applied before are lost
and when starting Skype again its in "learning mode" even if it was in
"permissive mode" before I was rebooting!

Also a error in /var/log/boot.log ist there:

[FAILED] Failed to start LSB: TOMOYO Linux MAC logging daemon.

And journalctl -b shows me:

Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=linux
root=UUID=65f5a484-73d6-49aa-bc63-7f78f3479b82 splash quiet
resume=UUID=f641866c-fe7a-4a83-b5cb-0409c738a001 security=tomoyo
kernel: Calling /sbin/tomoyo-init to load policy. Please wait.
kernel: TOMOYO: 2.5.0
kernel: Mandatory Access Control activated.
tomoyo-auditd[765]: ccs-auditd wird gestartet: tomoyo-auditd
[remote_ip:remote_port]
tomoyo-auditd[765]: See /etc/tomoyo/tools/auditd.conf for configuration.
tomoyo-auditd[765]: [ERROR]
tomoyo-auditd.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: TOMOYO Linux MAC logging daemon.
systemd[1]: Unit tomoyo-auditd.service entered failed state.
systemd[1]: tomoyo-auditd.service: control process exited, code=exited
status=1
systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: TOMOYO Linux MAC logging daemon.
systemd[1]: Unit tomoyo-auditd.service entered failed state.

So what is wrong on my setup?
Why I loose all my settings when I reboot?

I would really appreciate any help what I can get and if I can make
Tomoyo work and feel confident enough I would like to setup a wiki page
on the Mageia Wiki to share what I learned from you!

Thank you...

rehcla